Voting by Mail
Absentee Voting or Voting by Mail
Any registered voter in Craven County can obtain a State Absentee Ballot Request form from:
www.cravenvote.com, www.ncsbe.gov, or request from the Craven County Board of Elections (BOE) by calling the BOE at 252-636-6610. No excuse is needed to vote absentee.
Once you receive the ballot request form, complete it and return it to the BOE by –
- Email – email@example.com
- Fax – 252-636-6687
- Mail –
CRAVEN COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS
406 CRAVEN ST.
NEW BERN, NC 28560
- In-person – same address as above
- The request form has to be fully completed and signed by the registered voter or a “near relative” of the voter.
- Forms returned by any other person or ways not listed will not be processed.
The completed ballot request form must be received by the Craven County BOE no later than 5:00 PM on
Tuesday, October 27, 2020.
Craven County BOE will send you the ballot by mail. Once you receive your ballot, read instructions and then fill it out!
- Fill out the ballot completely in front of a witness. The witness can be a roommate, sibling, parent,
neighbor, or friend that is 18 or older.
- Put the completed ballot in the supplied envelope and fill out the information on the envelope. You
and your witness must sign the envelope.
- Once all these steps are complete, put a stamp on it and mail it to the Craven County BOE.
Your completed ballot must be received by the BOE no later than 5:00 PM on November 3, 2020.
Due to the anticipated surge of Absentee Ballots, please have your ballots postmarked no later than 5:00 PM on October 20, 2020.
More information, and the Mail-In Ballot Request form, is available at the Craven County Board of
Election website – www.cravenvote.com
Or the NC Democratic Party website –
www.ncdp.org/vote-by-mail or 1-833-868-3462.
Visit Craven County Board of Elections to verify your voter information (party affiliation, voting address, etc.) is correct.
Or visit the NC State Board of Elections Voter Look Up https://vt.ncsbe.gov/RegLkup/