One of the few silver linings of Trump’s presidency is that it has sparked a wave of resistance throughout the United States. Millions of Americans, seeing the danger his presidency poses to every single one of us, are getting involved: calling our congressional representatives, joining protests and marches, donating our time and energy to the resistance.
Here’s how you can join with us to stand up for the American Dream:
- Volunteer: Sign up for our email list (the form is on the sidebar of this page) to receive the latest volunteering opportunities, and visit our calendar (in the sidebar) or Mobilize for upcoming local events.
- Register to vote: If you’re eligible to vote in North Carolina, make sure you’re registered to vote at your current address, and register to vote (or update your registration) if you need to.
- Change your party affiliation: If you’re registered to vote as an Unaffiliated or Republican voter, tell the world that you stand for the American Dream by changing your party registration to the Democratic Party.
- Connect with us: Sign up for our email list (the form is on the sidebar of this page) and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest news & information.
- Connect with your precinct: Use our easy Precinct Finder tool to find out which precinct you’re in and connect with your local Democrats.
- Join us at our meetings: We meet every month on the fourth Monday evening of the month.
- Consider running for office. In America, our government officials aren’t a special class of people… they’re us, ordinary citizens like you and me who stepped up and ran for office. Every election year, far too many positions at the local, state, and national level go to the Republicans simply because no Democrats stepped up to the plate to run. We need everyone to pitch in. If you run for office as a Democrat in Craven County, we’ll do everything we can to bring you to the finish line.